" I'm job hunting, but it's not going well. I've been sending out resumes for months. I've filled out 42 online job applications and I've only had two interviews. What am I doing wrong? "
Established to become the enabling platform for national talent mobility, CDC Malaysia is unique in both its breadth of services as well as its nationwide geographical reach.
- Transition planning and advisory services,
- Communication and liaison with transitioning staff (in the event of a restructure),
- Personal discovery and career (re)branding,
- Effective job search or market re-entry.
1. Transition Planning and Advisory Services
- Compliance with legal requirements, as well as non-legal norms
- Risk assessment
- Coaching Notifiers
- Advising on the best means of informing transitioning staff
2. Communication and Liaison with Transitioning Staff
- Immediate emotional support to the transitioning staff
- Monitoring of the exit event
3. Discovery and Career (Re)Branding
- Career advisory services
- Individual profiling
- Career relaunch guidance for transitioning staff
- Assistance for transitioning staff in job search
4. Market Re-entry
- Market opportunities for job seekers
- Coaching for those who want to now be self-employed
- Assistance for aspiring entrepreneurs in the creation of a new business
- Financial planning and money management courses for retirees
Companies with any intent to truly assist their transitioning staff more effectively should talk to us. We are CDC, Malaysia’s career catalysts.
We also extend Career Direction Workshops to fresh graduates, mid-career professionals and retirees because we believe, irrespective of background, experience or qualification, everyone should lead higher-value and higher-impact lives.
Always remember that to succeed during job search, preparation is key. Doing so will help you strategize your moves and help you look better in the eyes of hirers. Think of it like how students prepare for an exam by studying, or how athletes train before entering a competition. This four things should not be missed by candidates who are currently looking for jobs.
There’s a lot of talk about “finding your passion” in modern self-help literature. Having a job that keeps you excited and motivated definitely keeps one’s morale and productivity buoyant. That said, there’s a difference between a passion that’s merely a hobby and one that contributes to society, and it’s the latter that you should be striving to make a career out of.
However, contrary to general perception, passion in itself isn’t the secret solution to our career woes. Nor will it ensure a happily ever after. It’s an important value to maintain in one’s life but it needs to be fuelled by the right perspective and approach, not to mention hard work and effort, to keep alive. That said, how do you find a career you’ll be passionate about?
Here are 6 simple and actionable steps to guide you on your search: